March was both the longest and the shortest month ever. The days all ran in together and we kinda just survived through this whole pandemic–only to be told that we will have to do it all over again in April. But hey, I don’t know about you but I’ve been training for this the last two and a half weeks. I know what my kids need daily, and its routine mixed with a little excitement. Ever morning leading up to Easter, I will have an egg hidden somewhere in the house that will have a fun activity for the day.
1. Scavenger Hunt– We will start the scavenger hunt with the first egg. Inside the egg will have the list of everything that needs found. This scavenger hunt has little cards that lead you to the next egg with the next clue.
2. Easter Cookies– You may be able to find some locally that include the frosting, sprinkles, etc. If not though make them with your own cookie cutters!
3. Easter Science Experiment- We love doing science experiments, and an Easter one with jelly beans is no exception. Check out this jelly bean experiment.
4. Dye Eggs Shaving Cream- I loved dyeing eggs as a kid, and I love all the new ways you can dye them. This shaving cream idea is fun and the kids will love getting their hands in the shaving cream.
5. Salt Paint Easter Eggs- This craft is so fun to watch! Put some glue on the paper and then sprinkle with salt. Then put little dabs of paint on the salt. The salt and glue spread the paint creating a gorgeous painting.
6. Easter Egg Ramps- My boys are always creating ramps around the house. Here is an idea using easter eggs and ramps. This makes for a great STEM activity.
7. Glow in Dark Easter egg hunt– This will be perfect for an afternoon egg hunt in the house. It’s as easy as some glow sticks in the egg and a dark room!
8. Easter Bunny House- My boys loved making a gingerbread house this Christmas, and when I saw this Easter Bunny House I knew we had to make it.
9. Easter Egg Towers- Here’s another STEM activity for you! These egg towers are the perfect activity for your little ones to practice balancing.
10. Easter Science Experiment- Let’s put the Peeps in different liquids to see how they look at the end of the day.
11.Salt Dough Eggs- This is such a great craft to do every year with your little ones. Here is a simple recipe for you to follow.
12. It’s Easter let’s have an outdoor egg hunt and a wonderful day!