This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however, all opinions expressed are my own.
High temps are fast approaching, and that means pool parties and family get togethers by the pool. Bring me all the deli sandwiches, chips, and ice cold juicy fruit under the hot sun and I will call it a successful party. Recently, I’ve been recreating some of my favorite party foods for something new and exciting. One of my new favorites is this Watermelon and Feta Salad with Blueberry Dressing created using fruit from Fresh from Florida.
I love shopping local and when blueberries popped up in season I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them to make one of my favorite spring time dressings. I may just eat this dressing on everything, and it makes me have an excuse to eat more kale (but does anyone really need an excuse to eat more salad).
This recipe is a simple but delicious recipe, throw some watermelon in the bowl and top with your pre-made blueberry dressing. I love adding a dash of mint on the top to add a little more freshness to the salad. This salad has been a hit amongst so many that have tried it. This also makes for a great festive salad for Memorial Day and 4th of July. Follow the Fresh and find these delicious fruits at your local grocer or farmers stand.
You can also find some more amazing recipes using in season fruits on the Fresh from Florida social media sites that are listed below.
Fresh From Florida Website: http://www.freshfromflorida.com
Fresh From Florida Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/freshfromfl
Fresh From Florida Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/freshfromflorida
Fresh From Florida Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/freshfromfl
- One watermelon cut into cubes
- 1 cup of Fresh From Florida Blueberries
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic
- 2 tsp. of fresh mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place blueberries and water in a small sauce pan and heat over medium low heat until blueberries are all popped.
2. Pour the blueberry mixture into a strainer and pour the oil and balsamic vinegar over.
3. Add the mint and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and blend in the blender for 20 seconds.
4. Place watermelon on a platter or in a large bowl and pour the blueberry vinaigrette over the watermelon.
5. Sprinkle the salad with feta and fresh mint. Serve immediately.