I am a very indecisive person when it comes to eating, rummaging through the pantry I usually can’t narrow down a snack to less than 2 items. I’m pretty sure that is how trail mix was created. Now with a two week old and a toddler, I need a quick treat to give me some energy to conquer get by until my husband gets home. I’m partnering with Post® Mom’s Best® Cerealto create a trail mix that will be perfect for your busy family in 2017.
You can really put anything in your trail mix but I have some essentials that always make an appearance in mine. If you are drawing a blank on what to throw together here are some ideas. Remember to start with your Mom’s Best® Cereal. Find a coupon hereto purchase your cereal!
1. Nuts– I omit this from the kiddos trail mix, but I’m always adding cashews or almonds in the trail mix for my husband.
2. Seeds– I am always throwing either sunflower or pumpkin seeds in my trail mix. Both have great health benefits, but I’m all about the pumpkin seeds giving me energy right now!
3. Dried Fruit– I love banana chips and if I am lucky there are some leftover by time I go to make my trail mix. If not they are super easy to make! Some other ideas are cranberries, blueberries, or cherries.
4. Grains- I’m always adding a cereal to my trail mix this time I added the Mom’s Best® Cereal and pretzels. You can also add popcorn or granola for some crunch!
5. Sweets- Because a little chocolate never hurt anyone. Add some MM’s, chocolate chips, or marshmallows in for a little salty/sweet treat. The Mom’s Best® Cerealactually had the marshmallows in there for me!