- 1 pound Ditalini pasta (Or any other macaroni type pasta)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 cubes of your favorite frozen veggies (or 1/2 cup of your favorite veggies–blended to make a puree)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups cheese (I used a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2. Cook the Ditalini for about 3 minutes less than that the package says. Strain.
- 3. While the pasta is cooking. Defrost your veggie cubes and place in the milk.
- 4. In a large pot melt the butter and then whisk in the flour. Whisking for 2-3 minutes over low-medium heat. Mix in the milk mixture, whisking occasionally until it is brought to a boil.
- 5. Once at a boil, place on simmer for about 3-4 minutes or sauce is thickened.
- 6. Add cheese, and stir until melted then add in the pasta.
- 7. Transfer by spoonfuls to a mini muffin pan and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. If you are using a regular muffin pan, bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.