My mother in law isn’t a big fan of icing, so we generally make her cookies or brownies…if not she takes the icing off, and
tempts me to put it on mine throws it away. I mean that in all lovingness. I subbed 3rd grade on her birthday last week, and after school I had to run to the mall to pick up Milky from Motherhood and cards from Bennett and myself and Nic. Needless to say there was barely enough time to make anything, so I looked in my fridge and just threw something together with the fewest dishes that I could possibly use since they were coming over for dinner I didn’t want there to be a huge mess. This recipe was super easy, and absolutely delicious! You could easily make this with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate. I am almost tempted to try white chocolate!
Here is my recipe:
12 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup of butter
3/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Pour chocolate chips and butter into a large microwaveable bowl for 45 seconds then stir. After 45 seconds heat in 15 second intervals stirring after each until chocolate and butter is melted.
3. Add sugar, vanilla, and eggs then stir
4. Add flour and salt then stir
5. Pour into a 8×8 baking dish, and bake for about 30 minutes–give or take based on your oven. Mine took about 35 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy with ice cream or milk.