My hubby will again be working a lot this week, and I will be working on Monday and Tuesday. I have something planned for lunches this week–which is a win in my book! I have a couple dinners planned, but who knows whether they will actually happen or not. So this week, it’s about Bennett’s meals.
I made this fantastic Chicken Casserole for Bennett a few weeks ago. I found it while searching for “copycat” recipes for the store bought food, but I wanted something that tasted better. Enter Simple Baby Foods. First off, this is an awesome company based in LA that comes to your home to make baby food, so that your child can have amazing food every day. They have really great recipes on there, so you have to check out the Chicken Casserole.
After I put the Chicken Casserole together to bake, I have 3 leftover pieces of chicken that I didn’t want to just boil and call it a day. I wanted to do an Apple Spinach Chicken, but I don’t generally buy apples since I buy applesauce. So I searched Pinterest for inspiration for Pears instead of apples, that’s when I came across this from The Daily Meal. The recipe that I created below is sort of a “spin off” of this delicious meal.
3 Cups of Packed Organic Spinach
1 Tablespoon of Chopped Onion
1 1/2 Teaspoon of Parsley
1/2 of a Pear (Can peel after it’s cooked)
6 oz of Chicken Tenders, Breasts, or Thighs
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Low Sodium Organic Chicken Stock
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray your baking pan with olive oil.
3. Wash your spinach, place in bottom of pan.
4. Top spinach with onion, parsley, olive oil, and a 1/4 cup of stock.
5. Place pear face down on the spinach, and the chicken next to the pear.
6. Cook for 25 minutes.
7. Let cool for a few minutes then peel pear. Place in food processor until you reach desired consistency. Add the additional 1/4 cup of stock or water if you desire a thinner puree.