1. Infantino Grow-with-me Activity Gym and Ball Pit - I knew I wanted a play gym for Bennett, but there are so many to choose from out there! We were actually gifted this...twice (babies r us doesn't update their registry immediately and I received two of the play gym and the swing for outside, no big deal!). A friend purchased this for her son and it's great because it really grows with your little one, and in the end the whole thing comes apart to be a ball pit! We will be doing that soon!
2. Fisher-Price 2-in-1 Sensory Stages Bouncer - I talked about the bjorn bouncy seat in my newborn essentials, but as Bennett got bigger I needed one that had some stimulating sights and sounds for him. This toy bar actually flips around to be on the black and white side or the colorful side. The black and white has classical music that is played, and the colorful side has some more upbeat music. It also has a vibration that has calmed Bennett down many times!
3. Sassy Floor Mirror - we have had lots of fun with this mirror...now Bennett is all about the tags on it, and the crinkle sounding leaves. It has Velcro on the back to attach to the crib, play gym, stroller, etc. we have attached many times to the play gym and he has been able to look at himself above instead of to the side while playing.
4. Baby's My First ABC Cloth Book- I had a lot of books from my time teaching, and had even purchased board books. So he has two full baskets of board books and a whole library upstairs. One thing I did purchase is the fun cloth books that have different textures and sounds.
5. Bright Starts Lots of Links -I'm pretty sure we have
50,000 40 of these floating around. Everytime I would go to the consignment shop I would pick up a bag of them and throw in the sterilizer. I attach these to everything...stroller, high chair, bumbo, play gym, crib. You name it they were attached!
6.Lamaze Crib Soother - I knew I wanted a soft toy for the side of his crib that lit up and played music. I found this one from Lamaze and it matched our nursery pretty well (this was a must as well). Little did I know that Bennett would fall in love with the bug noise setting on it. It has two different sound settings, a 5 minute bug sound with lights or without, and an iPod connector if you want to play your own music.
7. Fisher-Price Piano Gym, Kick and Play- I would say this one is probably later in his 0-3 month stage, but he probably could have used earlier. This is also one of those toys that grows with them! The piano can be flipped up and the toy bar removed so when they are able to sit independtly they can play it with their hands, or if they are still unable to sit up they can play with their feet! We actually found this on a resell site for only $10 after seeing one of my friends babies playing it, I just had to have it.
8. Oball Infant Rattle- when Bennett was about 4 weeks old, we left him with a friend and ventured out to buy buy baby, we had a coupon to spend and just needed breathing time. I thought this was the cutest toy ever and had to get it for him. They now have so many oball products...at Christmas time they had a huge gift set and now even have a exersaucer with them all over them.
9. Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether - my cousin over at the Organic Celiac sent me a Sophie, I can truly say that this has been Bennett's toy since day 1. He has been so loyal to Sophie. We used to laugh because he would chew on her nose, and it clearly looked like he was kissing her. If you want a smaller one they have a Sophie teether that is perfect for little hands, as well as a plush one.
10. Fisher-Price Go Baby Go! 1-2-3 Crawl Along Snail- this was another one of those purchases that was picked up just because I had a coupon to use! It's so cute and Bennett learned early that when he taps it, it make some sort of noise. When he is crawling, the snail moves as well or it can be stationary with a click of a switch!