I was recently nominated by Basically Bella, I haven't done a question and answer thing like this since probably Xanga (anyone remember that blog site?). I hope you enjoy...and if you want to check out new blogs I nominated some people at the bottom.
1. How did you come to start your blog?
I actually started my blog when I was still interning in college. Once I graduated I aspired to be one of the great teacher bloggers and create lessons and sell stuff on Teacherspayteachers. It never actually happened and instead of selling I bought
hundreds of dollars worth way too much stuff on there! After having Bennett I started blogging as a way to do something when he was napping, and just a way to connect with the people outside of my house. It has become a little difficult to do every day with a Bennett's busy social calendar, and I enjoy spending my time with him so blogging takes place when I am not so tired and have a free minute to myself. You can always catch up with me on instagram.
2. What do you look for in other blogs when searching for new ones to follow?
I used to love reading teacher blogs, that was the majority of my feedly feed. Since having a baby and being a stay at home mom, I have since enjoyed reading people's blogs who have things in common with where I am at in my life. I love reading about DIY projects, favorite baby items, favorite recipes, quick hair styles...anything about your life I enjoy!
3. What is your favorite book, and if you don't read, movie?
I wrote about this about a week ago...I have done a really bad job reading lately. Shame completely on me for not picking up a book and reading it...but really I enjoy spending my time with my baby and my husband and blogging to read a book. I love the Hunger Games and Shopaholic series, but here are some of my favorites as a kid and teen though--
4. If you could be anyone from any time in history, who would it be?
There are quite a few people that I find very intriguing, and who I would love to see how they lived and just be a little bit like them.
Christopher Columbus- because I want to see how what it was like to actually discover land. How amazing of a job to go search for undiscovered places. I know, I know...it wasn't all the fun.
Whitney Houston- for her voice, oh if I could only sing like her!
Princess Diana- I would love to have the heart that she did to help others
Audrey Hepburn- for her amazing class and style
5. What is your favorite love story you know (real or fiction)
I obviously love my love story...which you can read all about here. One of my favorite in a book is anything from Nicholas Sparks. I love his love stories and any of these stories will send me into a super sap fest.
6. What's your one, never fail beauty secret?
Always wear mascara. ;)
7. If you could visit anywhere, where would it be?
I really would love to go back to England with my hubby. I want to show him everywhere I went when I interned over there, and stay at the same bed and breakfast. I really miss it, and will go back someday!
8. What's your life philosophy?
9. What's your best memory from the past year?
My sweet baby boy being born on our dating and engagement anniversary (8.14.14)
10. What are three things you never leave home without?
Cell phone, Lipgloss, and Water
11. How do you find serenity when life is crazy?
Breathe, Laugh, Love.
Go ahead and answer the questions below, create a new set of 10 questions, then pass the award on to 10 other bloggers that have less than 200 followers--making sure to notify them!
Here are your questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Where do you get inspiration for your posts?
3. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
4. Do you belong to any bloggers associations?
5. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
6. What's your favorite memory from the last year?
7. What is your favorite quote?
8. Guilty Pleasure?
9. Favorite movie/book?
10. What are three words that would describe you?